viernes, 4 de marzo de 2011

Madrid Tour

On the 1st of September I had to say goodbye to my mom and goes of on the Madrid tour that the USAC program offers us. Before saying our goodbyes I spent a few hours in Madrid with my grandma, my mom's cousin (Paola), her husband and my mom. My prima/tia Paola and her husband live in Madrid... I have family everywhere, it's a great advantage. Madrid is where my grandma was born and grew up until she was in her 20's and had to flee because of Franco and went to live in Colombia. She told me that Madrid today is nothing like the old Madrid. After having lunch and saying goodbye, I was officially by myself in a whole new country to explore. That's when I felt a little scared.
                                                                   With Paola and G-ma

Then, I started my Madrid tour and the getting-to-know of 100ish American students (September 1st-5th). I met some really outgoing and motivational people on this tour. Most of the people that I got closed to in these 5 days were going to study in either Alicante or San Sebastian, but I saw a few of them later on in the semester in our travels.
Our regular schedule during this tour: wake up at 7:30 AM, be out of the hotel my 9:00 AM and off to our tours. Then we would come back from our tour around 4, shower, nap, get ready and go out until 4 AM then wake up at 7:30 AM again and do it all over... for 4 days straight. HARD WORK. =)

The 1st day of our tour we went t the Royal Palace and the Museum of El Prado. I had been there before a few year ago, but it is still incredible.



2nd day of the tour we went to Segovia, where the most memorable Roman work is in Spain... The Segovia Aqueduct. I honestly have to say this is one of the most beautiful cities I have been to. We also went to Spain's National Museum of 20th Century Art (Museo Nacional Centro de Arte de Arte Reina Sofia), where Picasso's Guerinca is at and Dali's work.
Aqueduct 


Segovia's Cathedral

3rd day of the tour: Toledo, one of Spain's ancient city, also known as the "city of three cultures", Jews, Muslims and Christians.
One of Toledo's view

Synagogue   


Night outings: Plaza del Sol y Plaza Mayor
Plaza Mayor = Sangria & Amigos

Tapas & Beer = Dangerous




Last day: Off to Gexto to officially move it!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario